Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. Forward's advanced software delivers a "digital twin" of the network, enabling network operators to verify intent, predict network behavior, avoid outages, and simplify network management. Our platform can be implemented on premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments.
The results? More reliable networks, reduced outages, and reduced business risk.
Forward Networks is currently seeking experienced Java developers to work as part of our Network team.
• Help bring the best ideas from the software development world into the networking industry.
• Contribute to our code base, systems and software architecture as a member of our engineering team.
• Help create and optimize network device models for different device vendors and protocols.
• Help create infrastructure needed to configure, collect and test network devices.
• Work with peers who are experts in Networking, Distributed Systems, Big Data and Search.
• 5+ years of work experience in software development
• 3+ years of work experience with Java
• BS in Computer Science or related degree
• Solid software engineering experience with large code bases
• Basic understanding of networking and TCP/IP.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves
• Working knowledge of how switches, routers, firewalls or load balancers work.
• Experience working with networking protocols such as BGP/OSPF/IS-IS, IPv4/IPv6, MPLS, VLAN, VXLAN, etc.
This position is a regular, full-time opportunity with Forward Networks in Bangalore, India.