Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. Forward's advanced software delivers a "digital twin" of the network, enabling network operators to verify intent, predict network behavior, avoid outages, and simplify network management. Our platform can be implemented on premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments.
The results? More reliable networks, reduced outages, and reduced business risk.
Forward Networks is currently seeking experienced Java developers to work as part of our Network team.
• Create network setups in the lab or in the cloud for various protocols and deployment scenarios.
• Teach basics of networking technologies and terminologies to software developers working on creating models for those networking technologies.
• 3+ years of experience operating large and complex networks.
• Deep understanding of functionality of switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers.
• One or more of the following certificates: CCIE, JNCIE or VCDX
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves
• Scripting or programming experience (Python, perl, etc)
• Familiarity with Ansible or other DevOps tools.
This position is a regular, full-time opportunity with Forward Networks in